Monday 10 March 2008

I wanna be healthy :)

Going Vegetarian are we?

I have been toying with the idea of being a vegetarian for years now as I’ve become increasingly avoiding the desire to eat meat, particularly red meat. Besides its easier to choose to not eat meat coz actually we only eat meat when we are outside of our own home as mom dont cook meat and whatever meat dishes we do have we usually get them at restaurants or stalls where it is “already prepared food” Its almost a rare occasion for us to have beef at home so I guess I wont miss it in the long run. But fish and poultry is still the main food intake at home so I guess I just have to go on a semi- vegetarian Diet for now :)

“Properly planned vegetarian diets have been found to satisfy the nutritional needs for all stages of life, and large-scale studies have shown vegetarianism to increase longevity, improve health, and significantly lower risks of cancer and other diseases”

That's the base of why I'm going towards being a semi-vegetarian dieter. I found this terms at wikipedia explaining semi-vegetarian state.

Semi-vegetarian diets
Semi-vegetarian diets are diets that primarily consist of vegetarian foods, but make exceptions for some non-vegetarian foods. These diets may be followed by those who choose to reduce the amount of animal flesh consumed, or sometimes as a way of transitioning to a vegetarian diet. Semi -Vegetarianism— a diet in which the only animal flesh consumed is seafood and/or poultry , in limited amounts.

Large-scale studies have shown vegetarianism to increase longevity, improve health, and significantly lower risks of cancer and other fatal diseases. Necessary nutrients, proteins, and amino acids for the body's sustenance can be found in green leafy vegetables, grains, nuts, and fortified juices or soymilk.

Vegetarian diets can aid in keeping body weight under control and substantially reduce risks of heart disease. Non-lean red meat, in particular, has been found to be a direct cause of cancers of the lung, esophagus, liver, and colon, among others. (So plenty more reason to avoid them red meaty stuffs)

I love my vegetables, I love my fruits, I love my soya bean drinks and anything that has to do with soya beans , and I like my fish very much and maybe some tiny bits of lean chicken bits and most of all I love my nuts (have been fan of eating nuts since I was a kid ) so I think the best way for me to live life healthily is to follow through this type of dietry and I do think its suitable for me and a big thank you to my mom for being a wonderful supporter of my prefference to eat what is good for me and supported me all this while with my choices in terms of getting the best healthy diet for me. For years now, after the big scare I had in early 2001, my mom has been the core person to get me well and healthy for I have introduced to her a place in Centre Point where they sell this “vegetarian Food” which is superbly yummiest and we both have been eating there every now and then and whenever she bought “Tapau” for me she would know where to get me food ....thats a sure thing!
So to my mom ....Thank you so much for the support and continued support and I hope we will always stay healthy always.


Healthy, happy and wise :)
Clarity!

No comments: