Ah my first post from a new country and place :) ah well to start of my debut post i would like to wish Fariza Ismail Celestial VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY although i wont be able to cook this special meal to her but i hope with this recipe you can have a go at home and cook it together with your beloved family :)
Its actually very easy to make but a very healthy and yummy food to have and not much work on it too because you leave it to the oven to do the main job :) But anyhow...here is the recipe :)
The Ingredients :-
* 1/2 kg brocoli
* 30 g flour
* 1/2 l milk
* a few slices of the craft cheese or whichever cheese you like
* 20 cl creme
* 30 g Butter
* 2 or 3 potatoes
* 1 chicken breast fillet / cubed
* 1 big onion chopped
The Preparation :-
1. toss your onions in a pot for 2 minutes then add your chicken and toss for 3 minutes add your salt and pepper to taste. let it set for 2 mins then add 1 cup or more of water until the chopped chickens are submerged. covered and wait until it is cooked and simmering in the broth. take out the chicken cubes and set aside. and keep the broth aside.
2. Pealed and washed the potatoes are now ready for a short steaming for a good 15 minutes then followed by the broccoli for another 7 minutes. After steaming take out and let rest aside.
3. Preheat your oven to 200C.
4. Now you are ready to make your Bechamel Sauce.
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don't let it brown — about 2 minutes. Add the milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in 1 sliced of the Kraft Cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking. After it dissolves remove from the heat.
5. Now you are ready to assemble your baking dish
take a wide Pyrex see through dish if you have or anything that you can use for baking. Pour some bechamel sauce in your chicken and stir through it thoroughly until all portions are covered then pour everything to the baking dish and level it out then sliced your steamed potatoes just like the size a potato chip but not too thin the arranged them in your baking dish so that it will be well composed with the chicken and finally throw in your steamed broccoli and the pour down the other half of the Bechamel sauce and if its not enough to cover the dish add in some of the chicken broth u made with the chicken early on.
6. and finally layer down your kraft cheese as much as you want or you can use mozzarella cheese as you like. Sprinkle some black pepper and some basil leaves and its ready to go in the oven.
6. after about 25 to 30 minutes when you see the cheezes started to turn golden or brown turn off the oven and you are ready to serve your Gratin de Brocoli with chicken!!
In the original recipe, it doesnt have any chicken cubes thrown into it but i like it to be a one meal thingy so that you can eat it just like that so thats why i put the chicken in :)
I hope you like it and oh by the way.... Happy birthday to you my dear Fariza and many happy returns :)